Head of Dining Services (Maternity Cover)
Why work at Caius?
- Generous pension scheme; 21.6% employer contributions and 3x death in service benefit
- Healthcare cash-plan
- 33 days of annual leave (including public holidays)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Parking (subject to availability)
- College gym
- Lunch on site
- The opportunity to work in a beautiful environment
Gonville & Caius College is seeking an excellent individual to join its Front of House team as Head of Dining Services (Maternity Cover). The Head of Dining Services (Maternity Cover) will have a key role to play in the provision of catering to all customers of the Catering Department and will lead the service teams within the department ensuring that engagement with students, Fellows and staff is excellent at every level. Reporting to the Head of Catering, the Head of Dining Services will be responsible for managing the waiting staff, including permanent and casual members of the team.
This is full time, fixed term Maternity cover role (expected to be between 12 to 15 months in length). The hours of work are 40 hours per week, worked over 5 out of 7 days (including weekends and evenings).
The annual salary for this position is £32,705.98.
Gonville & Caius College is one of the largest Colleges in the University of Cambridge. It is an educational charity, and its mission is to provide a place of education, religion, learning and research, in conjunction with a University that is recognised internationally as being of the highest standard.
The College is an academic community comprising some 530 undergraduate students, 250 graduate students, and 110 Fellows (lecturers, professors and other senior academic researchers and teachers) and almost 200 staff. It plays a significant role throughout the University. Our students come from all over the world and our undergraduates study all the subjects offered in the University. Our postgraduates play a vital role in the research activities of the wider University. Our Fellows have globally renowned research expertise ranging from Ancient History to Cosmology and are all recognised as leaders in their fields. The students who graduate from the college form an alumni group of approximately 11,000 individuals. They have achieved recognition in many walks of life and are resident in all continents. More information and virtual tours are available on .
- Equality of opportunity; the College actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all sections of society and in particular, from people who may be under-represented in our community.
- Entry into a position with the College will be determined by the application of criteria related to the duties of the post. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
- During the application process, candidates are requested to complete the Equality & Diversity section as part of our Equal Opportunities Policy and monitoring process. The contents of this form will not be disclosed to the selection or interview panels, and all applicant data is managed in accordance with our data protection policy: .
- The College has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- In applying for this role, you will provide personal data which the College will process in accordance with its data protection obligations and its Data Protection Policy. Please click here for a copy of our for further information about how we process your personal data.
To view the full job description and apply, please click here.
- The closing date for applications is 12 noon BST on Monday 15 August 2022.
- You are encouraged to make an early application as the vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.
- Your application must be complete and include an up-to-date CV, covering letter, and details of 2 referees, one of whom should have detailed knowledge of your ability in relation to the requirements of the role.
- For additional information about any of the Gonville & Caius College vacancies advertised, or if you need any assistance in completing the application, please contact the HR Administrator on 01223 764351 or via email at .