Eleven-Up is a programme from Gonville & Caius College for Year 11 students from state schools across our link areas, scheduled to run for its second year.
The five-month programme for 200 pupils began in January 2021, offering support for making university choices and applications, advice on budgeting and finance, and on super-curricular engagement. It will run again in January 2022.
Eleven-Up was established to support GCSE students to start thinking about their future pathways and what they can be doing now to give them the best chance of a successful university application in the future.
Selection for the scheme is carried out using a combination of academic and widening participation criteria.
The programme features five informative and interactive sessions for the students to engage with:
- Monday 17 January 2022 (4:30-5:30pm) Launch Event - Introduction to Oxbridge
- Monday 7 February 2022 (4:30-5:30pm) A level choice and researching university courses
- Monday 7 March 2022 (4:30-5:30pm) Super-curricular activities
- Monday 18 April 2022 (4:30-5:30pm) Student Life at Cambridge- Virtual tour, Day in the Life and Student Q&A
- Monday 16 May 2022 (4:30-5:30pm) Taster lectures
If you are a student from one of our link areas and you are interested in the scheme, please find the link to sign up here.