Housekeeping Team Leader
Why work at Caius?
- Generous pension scheme; 21.6% employer contributions and 3x death in service benefit
- Healthcare cash-plan
- 33 days of annual leave (including public holidays)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Parking (subject to availability)
- College gym
- Lunch on site
- The opportunity to work in a beautiful environment
Gonville & Caius College is seeking an outstanding individual to join its Housekeeping team as Housekeeping Team Leader. You will be responsible for monitoring cleaning standards throughout Domestic Assistant areas of work, both for routine and cover-supply, creating records for the Housekeeping management team which will inform and contribute to the overall performance ratings in staff appraisals. You will also support the issue and distribution of linen, chemical and consumables to Domestic Assistants, the reporting and consultation undertaken via the ticketing systems and KX room-booking systems and assist in the checking of rooms prior to occupant arrival.
This is full time, permanent role. The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week.
The annual salary for this role is £20,904.
Gonville and Caius College is one of the largest Colleges in the University of Cambridge. It is an educational charity and its mission is to provide a place of education, religion, learning and research, in conjunction with the University that is recognised internationally as being of the highest standard.
The College is an academic community comprising some 530 undergraduate students, 250 graduate students, and 110 Fellows (lecturers, professors and other senior academic researchers and teachers) and almost 200 staff. It plays a significant role throughout the University. Our students come from all over the world and our undergraduates study all the subjects offered in the University. Our postgraduates play a vital role in the research activities of the wider University. Our Fellows have globally renowned research expertise ranging from Ancient History to Cosmology and are all recognised as leaders in their fields. The students who graduate from the College form an alumni group of approximately 11,000 individuals.
- Equality of opportunity; the College actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all sections of society and in particular, from people who may be under-represented in our community.
- Entry into a position with the College will be determined by the application of criteria related to the duties of the post. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
- During the applications process candidates are requested to complete the Equality & Diversity section as part of our and monitoring process. The contents of this form will not be disclosed to the selection or interview panels, and all applicant data is managed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy: .
- In applying for this role, you will provide personal data which the College will process in accordance with its data protection obligations and its Data Protection Policy. Please for a copy of our Privacy Notice for further information about how we process your personal data.
To view the full job description and apply, please click here.
- The closing date for applications is 12 noon BST on Monday 15 August 2022.
- You are encouraged to make an early application as the vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.
- The College reserves the right to begin the interview process before the closing date, subject to a suitable applicant.
- Your application must be complete and include an up-to-date CV and details of 2 referees, one of whom should have detailed knowledge of your ability in relation to the requirements of the role.
- For additional information about any of the Gonville & Caius College vacancies advertised, or if you need any assistance in completing the application, please contact the HR Administrator on 01223 764351 or via email at .