Admissions and Outreach Co-ordinator
Why work at Caius?
- Generous pension scheme; 21.6% employer contributions and 3x death in service benefit
- Healthcare cash-plan
- 33 days of annual leave (including public holidays)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Parking (subject to availability)
- College gym
- Lunch on site
- The opportunity to work in a beautiful environment
Following a restructure of its Education and Tutorial department, Gonville and Caius seeks an excellent individual to join its Admissions and Outreach team as Admissions and Outreach Co-ordinator (AOC). This is an exciting and varied new role, providing an opportunity to develop expertise in the Cambridge admissions process and the widening participation sector, whist retaining flexibility to exercise creative freedom in producing online recruitment and outreach resources.
The Admissions and Outreach Co-ordinator will work with the Tutor for Admissions and Outreach (TAO) and Admissions Officer to facilitate the smooth running of the College’s admissions process, in particular between the months of August and January. The AOC will also work with the TAO, London Outreach Officer and Schools Liaison Officer to provide support for the College’s ambitious access and outreach programme, in particular with online programmes and events, and across social media.
This is a full time, permanent role. The salary for this role is £28,000 per annum.
To view the full job description, please click here.
Gonville & Caius College is one of the largest colleges in the University of Cambridge. It is an educational charity, and its mission is to provide a place of education, religion, learning and research, in conjunction with a University that is recognised internationally as being of the highest standard.
The College is an academic community comprising some 530 undergraduate students, 250 graduate students, and 110 Fellows (lecturers, professors and other senior academic researchers and teachers) and almost 200 staff. It plays a significant role throughout the University. Our students come from all over the world and our undergraduates study all the subjects offered in the University. Our postgraduates play a vital role in the research activities of the wider University. Our Fellows have globally renowned research expertise ranging from Ancient History to Cosmology and are all recognised as leaders in their fields. The students who graduate from the college form an alumni group of approximately 11,000 individuals. They have achieved recognition in many walks of life and are resident in all continents. More information and virtual tours are available on www.cai.cam.ac.uk.
- Equality of opportunity; The College actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all sections of society and in particular, from people who may be under-represented in our community.
- Entry into a position with the College will be determined by the application of criteria related to the duties of the post. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
- During the applications process candidates are requested to complete the Equality & Diversity section as part of our Equal Opportunities Policy and monitoring process. The contents of this form will not be disclosed to the selection or interview panels, and all applicant data is managed in accordance with our data protection policy: https://www.cai.cam.ac.uk/data-protection-job-applicants.
- The College has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- In applying for this role, you will provide personal data which the College will process in accordance with its data protection obligations and its Data Protection Policy. Please click here for a copy of our Privacy Notice for further information about how we process your personal data.
The Application Process
To register and apply, please click here.
- The closing date for applications is 12 noon BST on Wednesday 17 August 2022.
- You are encouraged to make an early application as the vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.
- Your application must be complete and include an up to date CV, covering letter, and details of 2 referees, one of whom should have detailed knowledge of your ability in relation to the requirements of the role.
- For additional information about any of the Gonville & Caius College vacancies advertised, or if you need any assistance in completing the application, please contact the HR Administrator on 01223 764351 or via email at email@example.com.